10 Best TV Cats Of All Time
We all grew up watching these famous television stars, these felines of film. From being the loving sidekick, the wise sage of advice, to the evil nemesis, we’ve loved these iconic figures and have been happy to be entertained by them. So here we go, here is our top ten list of the best TV cats of all time! Love em or hate em, you gotta respect em.
10. Garfield – Eating nothing but lasagna all day, every day would make anyone tired and lazy. Though he doesn’t hit the treadmill much we all love Garfield’s wit and sarcastic personality, that’s why he makes the list at number ten.
9. Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes – He may only be a stuffed animal, but he will always be remembered for his loyalty to Calvin as a friend and partner in adventure. I’m sure we all can remember either reading the comic or had a friend who did.
8. Simba from the Lion King – The Lion King is one of the highest grossing animated Disney films of all time. The journey Simba takes throughout his life is unforgettable and has made a huge impression on viewers worldwide.
7. The Pink Panther – What’s one of the first things you think about when you hear the words “The Pink Panther?” We’d bet that most of you would start thinking about the theme song, so memorable and so perfect. The Pink Panther makes our list at number seven for being so memorable. (We apologize that you’ll probably have this song in your head all day now.
6. Salem the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch – Please tell us you remember watching reruns of this when you were little. Salem always was the sensible one of the group. He was a witch who was sentenced to live 100 years as a cat. It seems like he had better advice than the two aunts that Sabrina lived with. For his wisdom, he makes number six on the list.
5. The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland – That mischievous grin is unforgettable. How can we forget the scene when Alice doesn’t know where she needs to go and asks him which way, and he ends up replying, “Then it doesn’t really matter which way you go.”
4. Sylvester from Looney Tunes – “I taut I taw a puddy tat!… I did, I did taw a puddy tat!” Good for us that Sylvester the Cat could never get his paws on Tweety Bird long enough to get the snack he wanted so badly. Many of us can remember waking up on Saturday mornings watching these iconic chase scenes between the two.
3. Mr. Bigglesworth from Austin Powers – This cat seems just as evil as his owner, though Dr. Evil says his cat is happy. The cat was perfect for the role as he sat there with piercing eyes on Dr. Evil’s lap. He loses his hair in one of the movies and is bald.
2. Tom Cat from Tom and Jerry – There may be a common theme between Sylvester and Tom, because it seems that neither of them can catch their prey; rarely at best. What a frustrating life they must have, you’d think they would give up by now. Again, we are the lucky ones for this because it gave us years of entertainment growing up.